Friday, January 18, 2008

Hug Your Kids!

Several years ago I attended a woman's Bible study and the challenge was to hug your kids ten times a day...each kid! I thought, hey I'm a hugger, I can meet this challenge easy. WRONG!

It's easy to hug them when they are cute or sick. It's not so easy to hug them when they are being belligerent, rude, and ornery!

The past few weeks this little voice in my head has been reminding me about this lesson. I think it's because of Julian and Mimi. (See postings on Dawn Meehan's blog BECAUSE I SAID SO and Michelle's blog Some Semblance of Sanity). Mimi KNOWS the importance in this. Every hug might be hers and Julian's last.

I have no idea if anyone even reads this blog. But if you do, hug your kids, each one, ten times a day for a week. Try it. For that matter, give everyone who is important to you a hug when you can...it might just be your last!

No comments: