Monday, February 4, 2008

I Was Gifted!




When I arrived at work on Thursday I found a book on my desk. I work in a library, so that in itself wasn't so unusual. I also share my work space, but the person I share my space with does periodicals not books. Something about that book had my curiousity, so I went back to my desk and took a look. There was a note sticking out with my name! It was a gift from a friend/patron! This person was instrumental in my painting again! She had been out with a friend at a book sale and thought of me when she saw the book. The friend she was with had a great discount so she grabbed it for me without too much damage to her wallet. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
Miss M. happened to be in the library as I was hurrying through and I was able to thank her and get a hug...she whispered in my ear "we women have to stick together and support one another".
She's absolutely right. Often times we put ourselves on the back burner to take care of the daily tasks at hand. It's a mommy thing. We do it all the time. We don't even think about it. I'm learning rather late in life that it's okay to be a little selfish and follow your own desires.
I'm so fortunate to have friends like Miss M.!



No comments: