Thursday, October 9, 2008

This is how my life has changed since March...I'm not complaining, just stating fact.
Diagnosed with brain tumors, not one or two, but seven! One was incredibly large and aggressive and thanks to a remarkable surgeon, to whom I'll forever be grateful to, was successfully removed.

Because I am fortunate enough to have an incredible support system, many with medical backgrounds, I was kicked out of the hospital early because they had a few reported cases of staph and MSR floating around. (Thank you again dear surgeon!)

I was surrounded 24/7 with family and friends, to which I am also forever grateful to. As I recovered from the brain surgery I experienced what is called a steriodal rage at the same time my husband was experiecing a meltdown from finding out his wife was terminally ill.

I was so angry that I demanded my Monster Child(Di)and her wonderful friend, Megan, helped me pack their cars with random keepsakes and daily necsseties and drive me 20+/- miles at two in the morning to my son's house. I knew he and his family were gone for a few days, and that the girls would take turns being my #&^tches and if the house was locked we could stay in the trailer and I would call Mel, and she would just have to come back and help.

This was when it hit me...I was suddenly dependent on my husband, who was not ready or willing to deal with all this, my children, grand children, and friends and neighbors...whew!

Mel was there within 48 hours with Kimberly in tow, eager to be helpful. She of course had researched the internet after the diagnosis and was quite knowledgeable in the signs & symptoms...the kid is an incredible researcher!

Post note: I wrote this several weeks ago and today am not sure where I was going with it except I am so grateful to my family and friends! Let's just leave it at that and I can start a new post later today when my fingers aren't on the verge of freezing.

No comments: