Friday, October 24, 2008

Going to the doctor's!

Because of the temperature fluctuations for the past two or three weeks and everything that has gone whacko with me, I really didn't think the ache in my shoulder was anything more than stiff joints or sleeping on it wrong.

I have now suffered enough and am heading into the doctor's to see what the heck is going on with it and how to treat/deal with it.

Embarrassingly enough I was sitting on the "potty" and of course noticed the paper roll was empty...instead of getting up (because I'm now a clumsy clod) I reached behind to grab a fresh roll from the basket I keep on the tank.

AAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! When I finally caught my breathe and was able to right myself, I gimped my way to the sink to wash my hands when I tried to turn the water the pain was awful...I resorted to hand sanitizer...I don't like pain.

I immediately took some Ibuprofen, grabbed the heating pad, and hit the couch. Now, please remember that I am right handed, have used a cane for balance since my brain surgery, and had a house full of guests.

Anyway, as time goes by, I try to manage my chores...dishes, laundry, this blog, e-mail, thank you cards, watering...I'm thinking I did pretty good...and then for no apparent reason the *%^%%* shoulder is killing me again! Soooooooooooo...I now have a 1:15 appointment to try to find out what the heck is going on...I'll let you know when I get back.

I now have the unpleasant task of trying to put on clothes!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Hope the doctor can help you. Good luck with putting on clothes - not fun when you're in pain.
Light and Love