Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 5th is a beautiful day!

You're probably thinking it's the election, it's not. (I don't want to discuss political issues here)

Today is Melissa Marie, first-born child of my loins, birthday. That half intelligible message in your voice mail was me, my dear...missing you terribly and loving you tenderly...wish I could "sniff" your lovely head...all I could do was sob!

I can't say enough how beautiful my children are. I have a special relationship with each of them. They have given me joy for more than thirty-something years. Don't get me wrong, they all have given me grief also.

It's the same with the grand children...each one the same, yet different.

Last night I had Jay's kids here...Christy brought them to grandma's for a visit. I sat and watched in wonder the little pieces of each of their parents, aunts, uncles, and grand parents emerge. It was really quite fascinating.

Mel, Happy Birthday! YMLY! I heard your voice crackle when you were saying how proud you were of your girls and your brother, for all the hard work they had put out campaigning...you should be proud!

I know I'm proud of them and you! And before I get a zillion emails...I'm proud of all my kids, naturally born, adopted, and collected.

And...Happy Birthday to Jake too!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Melissa! You have a wonderful Mom - and family, it sounds like.
My daughter-in-law is 35 today. This must be a good day.
Hugs and a cyber-cake!