Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September is....

CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!

Please remember thousands of children and their families in your prayers and giving...go to Google and type in CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS MONTH and take some sort of action to stop this monster.

I once asked my Great Grandmother what was the worst thing she experienced in her life and she responded by saying "burying my babies". Being eight months pregnant with my youngest daughter at the time, I never forgot her words.

Having been diagnosed with cancer with metastatic brain tumors within the last six months, having survived brain surgery, radiation, and all the fun that goes with it; I think of the children that are going through the same thing and their parents and siblings.

Please, please, please...get involved!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So sad! I can imagine in the times of your great-grandmother that burying one's babies was done more often than today. Heartbreaking no matter what.

Thanks for the heads up re cancer month. I didn't know.
Glad you are back with us. I can't even imagine the ordeal you've gone through. But you're back and I'm happy for you and your family.
Hugs

Nanny and Tessy said...

Hi Kendra!

I'm so glad to see you blogging again. I missed you this summer.

I hope all is going well for you and your treatment. My friend, LK's daughter is done with her treatment and has started 2nd grade. She was out all of last school year because of Ewings Sarcoma/Askins Tumor diagnosis.

I will continue to keep you and everyone else touched by cancer in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary~